Monday, June 27, 2011

Invitations? Check!

I have been pretty busy lately.

Someone whipped me into a panic a few weeks ago by announcing that I needed to have my invitations completed in a mere 15 days. Not only did I have to actually put together 60 invitations, but I also had to come up with an idea since Michaels went ahead and stopped making the paper that I based my first design on.

Thanks Michael's.

No seriously, thank you, because the design I came up with is much, much better. Prepare yourselves to see the cutest invites ever.

Are you prepared?

Keep in mind that my Mom took this pictures with her point and shoot in her basement. There is no stylized setting here.

So basically, you've got kraft paper on a navy cardstock, embossed with an adorable little "blowing in the wind" flower stamp. On the back, are the RSVP directions, loosely held in place so that the reader can take the directions to their desk and follow along. RSVPing through our website will be great for 90% of our guests. But it's going to be quite the struggle for the other 10%.

My Dad wanted to know what people would do if they didn't have a computer or the internet. I laughed... but apparently 2 of his friends who are invited definitely don't have that kind of access. "Oh well" I said, "they can just tell you what they want and hope that you can remember 3 simple orders."

Anyway, the white strip on the side is actually a beautiful shimmery eyelet paper that serves to class up the kraft paper and keep everything banded together. Around the white is some red twine with a red and white tag that has a printed state of Maine outline, with a heart punched into the area where we are getting married.

Are they adorable? God yes. Hopefully the older generations will understand that modern times allow for a more unique invitation. They're not all white and letterpress anymore.... though, if I had the money for letterpress, I'd be all over it! It did take a little bit of convincing to get my Mom to endorse this design... with the kraft paper. But to quote my cousin Nick, "it's all good baby".

I was originally inspired by these invites. What do you think?

Yah... I like mine better too.

No comments:

Post a Comment